Newsletter Issue 9 — Autumn 2010
Dear Friend of Agapé Heart
We give all praise and glory to God for His faithfulness. We raised more than £1,000 at our summer fundraising event in June. We express our deep gratitude to all who attended, donated, or contributed in any way to make it a God-honouring and successful event, including Pastor Samson Jebutu, Rosalind Chukwudum, Sarah Haynes, Robert and Marie Laken, Gladys Onwordi, Barry and Patricia Tobin, and PW Carter.
Together we take Christ's love and compassion to the poor, and what a privilege it is to serve Jesus, our Lord. It was great to look into the scriptural foundation for compassion, reading together many of the numerous verses in the Bible that exhort us to care for those in need. This way we clearly see that, throughout the Bible, God's mercy and compassion for the poor run like a river.
Friends, we must never grow weary of helping those in need, as compassion is at the very heart of our faith. The Word of God says, in James chapter 1:
In Galatians chapter 6, we are told that we should:
I am pleased to report that my “baby” sister, Judith Ezenekwe, once again successfully completed the Adidas Women's 5K Challenge at Hyde Park on 5th September 2010, to raise funds in support of Against Breast Cancer and Agapé Heart. It is not too late to support her, so please consider doing this if you have not done so already.
Also, we are looking to organise in the Spring a gentle 3 kilometre run or walk to raise funds for Agapé Heart, and we hope that many friends will join us for this. This would be a fun way to meet with friends, enhance our fitness level, and, most importantly, raise funds to make a difference and impact others for Christ. More details will follow early next year by God's grace.
We give thanks and praise to God for the following:
Your continued financial support and prayers.
- The start of our widows' ministry, making ongoing provision of food to poor widows, and engaging Mrs Precious Opie for spiritual ministry and encouragement to the widows.
- Major donations recently received and promised, which mean that we will shortly be in a position to pay for the provision of a deep water well in Amuma, Ohafia, which will provide clean, safe water for the villagers.
- The continued zeal and enthusiasm of Agapé Heart workers in Nigeria, and the difference that is being made to many, as they praise and glorify God.
Please pray for:
- The family of HIV positive Ojiugo Awah, who died in August, leaving five orphaned children who now have no source of help. We are seeking sponsorship for her youngest child, 8-year-old Uchechi pictured here.
- HIV positive Janet Bose Joseph, whose baby sadly died in July.
- The commissioning of the organisation to dig the well and for the smooth completion of the operation.
- Agapé Heart workers and volunteers in Nigeria, for God's continued favour, blessing and protection.
- God's continued direction, provision and blessing, so that many more of the poor in the villages receive help, materially and spiritually, to the sole glory of Jesus our Lord.
May the Almighty God bless and keep you and your family.
Love in Christ Jesus always.