Newsletter Issue 4 — December 2008
Dear Friend of Agapé Heart,
As we prepare to celebrate the birth of our saviour and redeemer, Jesus Christ, it is great to hear and sing carols old and new, and see wonderful Christmas decorations and lights everywhere. While we lament the fact that the true meaning of Christmas is lost to so many, it is also always uplifting to me to see that the world celebrates or engages at some level with the birth of our Lord Jesus.
I pray that our hearts are truly illumined this season to know the eternal joy and peace of Jesus, the reason for the season. I pray that our heavenly Father will open up our hearts and prepare us to share His perfect love with those who mourn, the poor, and those in desperate need. To them may we wholly minister Jesus who forgives, saves, heals, feeds, houses and delivers.
We thank all Agapé Heart friends as through your financial support and prayers we have been able to reach out and help those in desperate need. Many of the beneficiaries have been helped by Agapé Heart in meeting the cost of medical treatment for life-threatening illnesses and conditions.
We give thanks and praise to God for, among other blessings, the following:
- Pastor David fully recovered from typhoid fever and acute malaria
- Victor Izuogu now receiving treatment for HIV — Agapé Heart funded the tests which established his eligibility for this life-saving treatment
- Ole Torti, an elderly gentleman, for the success of his hernia surgery
- Ugochi and Nnenna (orphaned some years ago), and their grandmother, now rehoused in a safe location
- Clothes recently donated for Agapé Heart beneficiaries, some of whom are shown here
Please pray for:
- 11-year-old Chinaza Imo, shortly to go into hospital to undergo surgical operations on his right leg
- Agapé Heart's plan to start a regular feeding program for the desperately poor
- God's continued favour, guidance and direction for Agapé Heart
Agapé Heart plans for food to be prepared and distributed on Christmas day among the desperately poor — let them know it's Christmas!
We would appeal for more funds for Agapé Heart to enable us to reach out to more of the needy in God's love. If you are able, and are led to give in any way to Agapé Heart, please let us know. We are grateful for any amount of donation, and if you are able to commit to regular giving at whatever level then this is also greatly appreciated. This would enable us to help more people and to plan ahead and undertake to support more of those who desperately need help.
I pray that you know the joy and blessedness of God's presence as you celebrate the triumph of Christmas, the victory that is ours because of Jesus.
Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
God bless you.
Yours in Him