Newsletter Issue 10 — Christmas 2010
Dear Friend of Agapé Heart
As we once again prepare to celebrate Christmas, it is a joy to visit afresh, and by the illumination of the Holy Spirit to take in, the full import of the first coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We rejoice in the glorious truth that the eternal, all-powerful and all-knowing Son of God, by Whom, through Whom and for Whom all things were created, in unspeakable humility came in the flesh to the earth that He made, to live as a man. He chose to do this knowing that He would be scorned, humiliated and crucified. His mission of Love and Reconciliation of man to God was unstoppable. He gave His life that we might overcome sin and death and be raised to new life in Him. Hallelujah!
Joy to the world that, in Him, God gave us what is the only means to salvation and eternal life. I pray that we know the riches of God's grace and the eternal difference made by the coming of Jesus to those who believe in Him.
I pray also that, in this season of giving, the Spirit of the Lord of Compassion will lead us to give, so that we may give hope to those in desperate need. We know that this is the very heart of God.
Your much-needed support means that we can give hope to these orphans: Uchechi (far left), Chibuzo (left), Nne (right), and Emeka, whose HIV positive mother recently died. All of these children are now enrolled in school. Please help us to continue to support them.
Ezi Ibe (left), suffering from goitre (an iodine deficiency disease), is in constant pain and is unable to work. She is in desperate need of an urgent surgical operation on her neck. Please help us to help her.
Very many needy people continually contact us seeking our help, far more than we currently have the resources to help. It is particularly harrowing to turn away someone with urgent medical needs simply because of the cost of their treatment.
I pray that in this season, you will help us to demonstrate, in a practical way, to those without means that God loves them and that it is His will that His words in Jeremiah 29:11 should extend to them:
We give all honour and praise to our gracious God for, among other blessings, the following:
- That Agape Heart has been selected as “Charity of the Month” for the month of August 2011 by Café Africa in Amersham. This means that, during August next year, they will focus their fundraising on us. Here is a link to the Café Africa website: www.cafe-africa.co.uk. There will be more on this in our Easter Newsletter.
- That we will shortly commission the digging of the planned water well in Amuma, Abia State.
- That we are now paying for the education of seven children (six of whom are orphans).
- That the Gospel is being demonstrated and preached in the villages and this is bearing fruit — all glory be to God.
- For the Agape Heart food distribution this Christmas.
- For the continued dedication of Agape Heart workers.
Please pray for the following:
- That we will have increased resources to help more of the poor, including widows and orphaned children.
- That the glorious Light of our Saviour will flood the villages, breaking bondages and bringing salvation to many.
- That the water well project will be completed successfully, providing clean, safe water for decades.
- For God's continued protection and guidance for all Agape Heart workers.
Thank you for your wonderful support and prayers.
May the all-surpassing love of the Light of the world fill and surround you and your family this Christmas and in the coming year.
Blessings in Christ Jesus always.